Panther Knob Cottages - WARNING –RENTER BEWARE Panther Knob Cabin Rentals in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee owned by Bobby & Susan Bates.
WARNING –RENTER BEWARE Panther Knob Cabin Rentals in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee owned by Bobby & Susan Bates. After speaking with Susan on the phone for the first time I had a bad feeling about having to pay half by check & the other half had to be in cash. For some reason it felt shady, but she seemed nice so I shook it off. NEVER again. I will trust my gut!!!
When we first arrived we were overwhelmed with the smell of mold, mildew, & dust. There were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and the ceiling fans. My wife has allergies to mold & dust. We tried to air the place out by opening all the windows & doors, but it didn’t help. We had to sleep with the windows open it was that bad & it didn’t help. While there the temperatures got cold, but we just couldn’t take the bad odor. Susan showed up for her money at around 9 am the next day (Saturday). We tried to show her the cobwebs, but she claimed she was color blind & could not see dust. We had the doors open at the time she arrived because the smell was just so bad. While talking with her a roach was climbing up my leg & all she could say was “Oh my God, Oh my God, I’m so sorry!!” After I killed it she grabbed a paper towel & cleaned it up off the floor. Then she left saying the she could come back on Monday & clean the place. I told her my wife wouldn’t be able to last that long with her allergies. The only relief my wife could get was to go outside or go sit in our van. She finally agreed that she would come clean Sunday. We stayed another night because we were not able to find another place until Sunday afternoon. We left late Sunday afternoon & never saw any sign of her or a cleaning crew (We felt if she could show up at 9am to get her money, she should have shown up at least by that time to make this right. After all her place should have been clean before our arrival). We returned Tuesday & found that she had cleaned, but the smell was just as bad & the roaches were still there. Although the worst of the cobwebs were gone there was still dust hanging from the ceiling & dust on the furniture. In fact, my wife wrote her initial in the dust. The water is horrible. Before the water gets hot to take a shower it is brown or orange. Your skin feels dirtier after cleaning than you did before. We were NOT told about the rusty water before we came. In fact before coming we asked if a washer & dryer were provided & she said yes never telling us that the rusty water would leave our clothes stained. When we arrived we found signs all over the place warning of the minerals in the water that would stain clothing. She said that you are in the mountains & this should be expected (she said that about the bugs too). The place we rented after leaving her cabin had none of these problems. We have been coming to the Gatlinburg area for our anniversary for 40 years & have never encountered the rusty water or roach problems. We have rented private homes, cabins & hotel rooms.
After finding that the place had supposedly been cleaned and the odor & roaches were still there we left the key on the counter that Tuesday & took pictures. We sent her an email (below you will find a copy of the email I sent her) asking for a partial refund on that Tuesday. We have also tried calling her & leaving messages, but have yet to hear back from her. We have pictures that show the cabin at our arrival & we have pictures from the Tuesday after she cleaned.
Date: October 8, 2014 at 9:59:20 AM CDT
To: Susan Bates firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: Confirmation & Directions to Deerwood
Susan as you well know we were unable to stay in your cabin due to the dust, mold and mildew which my wife has severe allergies too. You were also aware of the conditions because you were apologizing for them. While you were standing there to collect your $297.50 in cash, I had a roach and a spider crawling up my pants, you again were very apologetic. I was able to acquire a new cabin from Sunday night till Friday. I am requesting A partial refund of $200 for the two nights we were not there (Wed and Thur). I returned your key Tuesday afternoon. I don't think that's an unreasonable request.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Facilities and Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- That susan has not contacted me
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Apartment Conditions
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "We are platinum members of Interval International. We had a deposit that we needed to use before July and a planned vacation to Nova Scotia. We used our exchange for..."
- "Wyndham Worldwide, Wyndham Vacation Ownership, Fraud Validation - Senior Management Speaks- A Robert Paisola Exclusive 2012 SEE FULL NATIONAL STORY WITH PHOTOS AND VIDEO AT THE TIMESHARE CHRONICLES : http://timesharescamsupdate.blogspot.com/2012/04/wyndham-resorts-senior-management.html For..."
- "1st photo is above the mirror/sink area when you walk in. The light hood is broke and filthy. 2nd photo where a water sprinkle system use to be. And also now..."
- "Look up on internet George Doyle, Brian Ashford-selling sick-half dead pups! The pics you see are Fake! They are being sued Again! they just got over $1200 out of me...."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."